question about a police incident

this girl told my friend 4 police officers came to there house and one detective asking for him. saying if they didnt talk to him by tonight he'll be arrested. that there was a warrent out for his arrest. they only gave a number that noone picks up at just a answering machine. saying youve reached "2727" leave ur name blahblah .. this girl has a history of lieing. i dont believe it. plus he hasnt been in any trobule so it doesnt make sence. my question is would the police act like that or would it be different then just leaving some number. wouldnt they tell what they wanted from him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• no if soemone had a warrnet for their arrest they would look for them not leave a number for rthem to call that is crap
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I don't know, but the police definitely don't have to tell what they wanted him for. It's none of her business, they're just trying to find him.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 11:50 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Chances are, if he has a warrant out for his arrest, he already knows what they want from him.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 11:50 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• no he doesnt know if he has a warrent and thats his wife wouldnt they tell her?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• They still really don't have to tell her. He's sure that there's nothing in his past that they could pick him up for? If he's clean then he should turn himself in, it could be a misunderstanding.
    motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 11:59 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If he was given a criminal court summons and didn't show up to pay the fine that would be an automatic warrant for his arrest. That's just one reason he could have a warrant out for him.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 12:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• 4 cops? It must be serious if they had to have 4 cops try and serve the warrent. I mean not spedding tickets or hot checks. He can call the police station and tell them he wants to find out if he has a warrant out. They will tell him or tell him who to get in touch with. If he does then he needs to get down there and find out why.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I agree with itsmesteph. He can call to see if he has a warrant. I wish him luck!
    MPWifeJessicia

Answer by MPWifeJessicia at 12:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• He can indeed call, To see what is going on,
    I don't know why your friend would even make a story like this up,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 12:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• all she has to do is take his SSI number and date of birth to her local police dept and pay for a copy of his criminal record I did it  I never knew you could do it until I applied for a dealer licence and had to show proof of no record I want there and they gave me a letter stating I had no record so I was like hum can I get one of my ex ( kids dad ) and found out he had multiple driving tickets was arrested for breaking and entering etc etc

Anonymous