Is it normal for a 8 month old to poo 2-3 times a day?

My son in the past week has been pooping two or three times a day and I was wondering if that is normal or if he could be getting sick.

Asked by proudmommykiwi at 11:53 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter did that for a bit. I think it's fine as long as it's not diahrea. Maybe it's just his body's way of dealing with new foods (if he's getting baby food).

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• It could be normal. Many people do poop after each meal.
    And it could be a sign of some problem. Sudden changes in bowel habits often are.
    If he seems fine, acts happy, eats well - don't worry about it.

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Mine started pooping 2-3 times a day around that age. I think it depends on the kid and the fiber intake. If you're feeding lots of fruits and veggies, then a healthy pooper is pretty normal. My daughter is 15 mo. now and poos at least 3-4 times a day...but she's on soy milk which keeps her pretty regular.

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2009