Is it normal for a 8 month old to poo 2-3 times a day?

My son in the past week has been pooping two or three times a day and I was wondering if that is normal or if he could be getting sick.

proudmommykiwi

Asked by proudmommykiwi at 11:53 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter did that for a bit. I think it's fine as long as it's not diahrea. Maybe it's just his body's way of dealing with new foods (if he's getting baby food).
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 11:55 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• It could be normal. Many people do poop after each meal.
    And it could be a sign of some problem. Sudden changes in bowel habits often are.
    If he seems fine, acts happy, eats well - don't worry about it.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Mine started pooping 2-3 times a day around that age. I think it depends on the kid and the fiber intake. If you're feeding lots of fruits and veggies, then a healthy pooper is pretty normal. My daughter is 15 mo. now and poos at least 3-4 times a day...but she's on soy milk which keeps her pretty regular.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2009