baby hasnt pooped! help...

So my daughter who is ten weeks has always been a textbook pooper... now all of a sudden she stoped! Nothing not even a drop for three days. should i be worried? where do i go from here???

candlefire22

Asked by candlefire22 at 11:56 AM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• give her some diluted apple juice. half water half juice. Then see if she poops. If not then I would keep an eye on her belly make sure its not hard and she's not in any pain. If so, take her to dr soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Jul. 14, 2009

• You should call the doctor, three day is a long time. They may need to give her a supository (sp?).
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 12:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• 10 weeks is too young for apple juice......
    Iluvmygirlies42

• Are you nursing? If you are, I would NOT be worried. Babies slow down on pooping after a while because breastmilk is almost completely used and there is very little waste. Breastfed babies can go up to two weeks (or more) without pooping and that's NORMAL. As long as the poop is not hard pellets when she does poop, she's fine.
    aehanrahan

Answer by aehanrahan at 1:08 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If she's breastfed and doesn't seem uncomfortable, don't worry about it. She'll poop when she needs to. She could be going through a growth spurt and is using every last drop of breastmilk (it is almost 100% digestible). My doctor said not to call him regarding poop unless its been over a week! =) If she is formula fed, I'm not sure...call the doctor. She is too young for apple juice though...your doctor might recommend a small amount of water (very small amount) but you should definitely talk to your doctor first!
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 2:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2009