How to get a 2 yr old and 10 mth old to get along?!!!

I have a 2 yr who wont share his toys with his baby brother, and yelled at him when hes sleeping and started biting him! I have tryed time outs, spanking and biting him and nothing is working! I can't take much more of this! I'm taking toys away that hes possisive about but then it just ends up being a diferent toy he wont share! I really don't know what else to do! PLEASE HELP ME BEFORE I REALLY LOSE IT!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• First off time-outs do work, my son is 2 and my daughter is 1 and it's the same thing, as soon as he takes a toy from his sissy we put him in a corner away from everyone and everything, we set the timer for 2 minutes and if he moves we don't pay anything we just turn him back around and restart the timer. When we gets out of time-out we ask him "what was the no no" and he'll go up to his sister and hug her and tell her sorry. Time-outs work if you do them right, keep at it trust me they work! Don't yell at your child because they wont listen when you yell they think your being funny(seriously). What we've come to find out is to buy them the same toys, our son likes trains and his sister likes to play with them so we got her one too. This helps, try this and keep at the time-outs they will work if your doing them right. IF he's crying let him as long as he stays in time-out for the full 2 minutes.
    Anonymous