Do you really believe in love?

Do you still believe in love? I've lost hope-I know that true romantic love is an illusion but I dont even believe that men are capable of truly being in love especially with one woman. What do you believe? No bashing please.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:33 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Um yea, been married for 17 years, my parents are still honeymooning after 40 years
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My DH was my high school sweetheart, he was my first actual b/f (I dated just never serious) he is my first and only love. In some ways I call love attachment because love is what grows in a relationship when the two people grow to become attached to one another. But then I did live without him for a while and I was happy with how clean the place was and how the kids were always fed and always had something fun to do but then I came to realize that I missed his messes and his goofy laugh and how we would go out and do stupid things but we had fun! I missed him and I knew it was true love the moment we got back together he looked like hell and he hadn't left his house in forever, he missed me and didn't go find someone else!! So he had the chance to go be with other women and party and be free but he didn't take it because he was in love!!! So I do believe in true love and you'll know when the man treats you like an angel!
    Anonymous

• My grandparents met and married within a month. They lived to be 89 and 99 respectively and died within 6 months of each other. They were together since they were 14 and 24. I think nowdays a lot of these romantic comedy movies set women up for unrealistic expectations of love; its not easy but it can be real and true. Men and women both are capable of being in love, just as some are incapable. It depends on the person and what kind of commitment they are willing to make. My DH and I have been married for years, and I knew the minute I saw him that we would be together until we both died, and he feels the exact same way. Its not been easy, but it has been worth it. Real love does exist, but sometimes you just have to wait until it finds you.
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 12:39 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If it wasn't real, I wouldn't still be married. We've been through a lot more in 3 years than 90% of couples will go through in at least their first 15 years, and we're still going.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 12:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yes ofcourse I do believe in love...

At one time in my life I believed like you, but the truth of the matter was that I really wanted to
    believe in love..

You have to believe in yourself...If you are capable of loving someone than you are capable
    of receiving love...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Just because you are with someone for a long time and go through hard times together doesnt mean that you are in love-I've been doing both! I have seriously never in my entire life met a couple who was truly happy thats why I wonder if love really exists.
    Anonymous

• I definitely believe in love. My husband and I are madly in love, even more than we were when we got married 5 years ago. Yes there are hard times, but love is a choice. We are truly happy, its something that even our friends comment on all the time.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 12:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yes, I absolutely believe in love. My boyfriend and I met when I was 17, he was 24. We were both too young to realize what we had together, so we ended up breaking up and marrying other people eventually. We are both divorced now, and got back together after 9 yrs apart. We are very much in love, and no one has ever made me feel as loved as he does. As abbynzachsmommy said, it's a choice we make every single day, to love each other and to stay together even when things are tough. We've been facing some very tough times in the last few weeks, but we refuse to give up b/c we love each other.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I do believe in love, but I also know that love isn't enough to keep a relationship together. It takes other things like comprimise and self sacrifice.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 1:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• BEING MARRIED FOR 38 YEARS NOW AND I STILL BELEIVE IN LOVE, NOW MORE THAN EVER. MEN ARE CAPABLE OF LOVING JUST ONE WOMAN AND BEING TRUE TO A RELATIONSHIP, ROMANTIC LOVE IS NOT AN ILLUSION, YOU JUST HAVEN'T MET SOMEONE TO MAKE YOU BELEIVE.

Answer by older at 1:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2009