Is it okay to have sex after you lose your mucous plug?

I lost my mucous plug 3 days ago and am just wondering if it is still okay to have sex? Is there a higher chance of my water breaking? (I'm 39 weeks so i guess if it did it wouldn't be a huge deal). I just don't want to do something that could be harmful to our baby. This is our first baby so I'm not really sure...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure but I would be worried about causing an infection. I would run it past your doc just to be safe. Your close enough to delivery that is may not be a problem! Congrats!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 12:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• yes, sex without the loss of ur mucus plug could sometimes rupture ur membranes so ..lol. have fun mama! hope u have a great delivery and a beautiful healthy baby!!!
    eSnA2008

Answer by eSnA2008 at 12:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I'd just be worried about infection, if you do have sex maybe he could pull out so you don't risk getting fluids stuck somewhere.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• yes, you can have sex up until your water breaks.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 12:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2009