Does it ever irritate you when people say "we've been through more than others would go through in their life, or in this amount of time" ?

It does me. It's like okay, so you might have been dealt some bad cards, but that doesn't mean your the only one. They don't know what others have been through.

Sorry I'm not trying to sound bitchy if I am. I'm just saying that people don't know what others have been through.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I agree- it's assumptive!
    Anonymous

• Yeah, this don't really bother me, because alot of people do go thru  a lot in a small period of time. I think when people use this statement they are frustrated to those who appear to be perfect and appear to have it all. I think people need not feel some kind of way over this statement and look at the whole picture as a women going thru a list of hard times in her life.

allurasmamma

Answer by allurasmamma at 1:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2009