Have you left your baby overnight?

My son will be 3 months when I have to return to work in a couple of weeks. As soon as I return, I have an overnight retreat that I have to go on so I would be gone 2 days and 1 night. I'm breastfeeding my son and have never left him for more than 5 hours at one time. I would have breast milk pumped for him. Do you think this is too young to leave him? Has anyone else that is breastfeeding done this at that age?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I left Kaylee for 1 night at that age while breastfeeding. It wasn't really a big deal, except when I slept through one of her feedings and I woke up for the next one and I was rock hard! My breasts hurt so freaking bad, lol.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• first time my son spent a night away from us was when he was 3 months, my daughter was about 6 weeks
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Take a pump with you because your breast get use to feeding at certain times, so make sure to take one and just throw the milk away if you can't store it. But seriously your boobs will really hurt if you don't pump while your there. But as for your child he'll be fine, as long as he's getting fed and changed he'll be ok.
    VasquezFamily

Answer by VasquezFamily at 1:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Your son will be in good hands, I'm sure. Just remember your pump :) If you can stock up and bring it home with you, great! Nice to have some back up in case you get tired or sick or just need a break. I let my mom take my daughter at about 3 weeks for the night. I was supplimenting so I sent some pumped and some formula. it was so nice to be able to sleep all night.
    Anonymous

• I neveer have personally but the doctor I work with leaves her daughter overnight when she goes to conference and she's still breastfeeding.
    Anonymous

• ahh my daughter is two and a half months and i left her for the first time last week. not over night just for the evening i went with my sister to a concert.. problem was i spent the whole night woring bout her and calling my mom to cheack on her... that and i had to pump in the car on the way home cuz i was rock solid. it was her first time with a botle and it turned out she was fine! I thinkits more of are you ready rather then if they are ready... lol... i not so sure i was ready even for that evening.. lolol... if you can do it they more then likely can too... best of luck to you!
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 1:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I hauled my three month old with me to my company retreat. Her dad came, too, to watch her while I was in meetings. My company paid for him to fly with me. I'm glad I didn't have to leave her, so I feel for you.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 1:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2009