i am on south beach ...i need help gettting through the first two weeks ...anybody ever try this diet????

Asked by cameron536 at 1:19 PM on Jun. 22, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• south beach is a short term diet solution..i invite you to check out my group... eating the angel way ... for a much more life-style friendly way to manage your food!

Answer by anniekelleher at 1:34 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I did it...Atkins, Weight watchers. I lost...but it was sooooooo much work. i gained all my weight and then some.

South beach is a lifestyle change.
    one that I found to be a little too much like science camp...a lot of work and very little fun.

there are other diets that work...i personally do the Cinch

I have lost 4 inches on my chest in the last 6 weeks. tee hee!!
    I have to say...I am allergic to exercise and don't do it at all..nor do I follow the plan 100% and I still lose. it's foolproof because it helps you build muscle and the vitamins give you are NEVER hungry and don't feel deprived.

go to to check out the success stories.
    if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask.

good is a long venture!

Answer by CoolYourWorld at 9:29 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• I hve done it and I am currently on the two weeks from a two year downward spiral. Anyone who says its short term fix obviously knows NOTHING about the diet. I failed because I didn't want to do the work, plain and wasn't the diets fault. Anyway I had a trick for the last time I did the two weeks and I am using it now. First and foremost do NOT think about what you CAN'T have, talk to yourself about what you can have. If your mind slips, redirect it. The hardest part of ANY lifestyle change is getting past the mental aspect. Another trick...when things got especially hard...I took a walk. i would run, I would do anything that got me out of the house and away from food. One time I wanted bread so bad (and this was all in my head) I made myself walk to the store. By the time I got there I realized what a dork I was being and didn't bother. It's tough, but girl you can do it. And when you succeed at getting past the two week will feel dam good about yourself!

Answer by SensualScents at 10:57 PM on Jun. 22, 2008

• My husband and I went on South Beach at the recommendation of my husband's dr who said it would help lower his blood sugar. Actually, we skipped the first 2 weeks as being too strenuous but jumped into phase one. We did fine and lost about 15 lbs each.

Answer by TexasMom817 at 2:41 PM on Jun. 25, 2008

• Southbeach is awesome. And it is not a diet. Its a lifestyle change once you get past the first two weeks. Just stick with it and its totally worth it. Last year I lost 20 lbs doing it for about 6 months. Need to get back on the wagon tho.

Answer by mollyttc1 at 5:15 PM on Jun. 25, 2008