I am really really dizzy....should I call my doc??

My doc doesn't like to be bothered, I know I should have changed OB's a long time ago, but it is too late now. I am 31 wks along, and I haven't been able to shake this dizzy feeling all day....I have been short on breath and everytime I stand up, I have to sit back down. I am having a difficult time typing this right now.....idk I can't afford another emergency room bill if this is just typical of pregnancy....like I said, my OB doesn't like to be called unless it is an emergency...and then she just tells me to go to the ER anyway.....I am fine if I am sitting down, but I have a bunch of stuff to do today. Do you all think I should call her? I absolutely will not go to the ER today (unless my water breaks or something). Any ideas? I am going to drink some more water and see if it helps for now. UGH

IzzysMommy87

Asked by IzzysMommy87 at 1:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Don't call your doctor, call his nurse.
    Anonymous

• YES. It sounds like your blood pressure is not in a good place right now, and you NEED to go be seen!
    Anonymous

• Oh, and it's never too late to find another OB!
    Anonymous

• if you will not go to the ER for your child than why ask us if you dont care DUH have someone take you in or just sit back and hope y'all dont die today

Anonymous

• try eating some sugar, like juice or somethng
    Anonymous

• I would take a drink some water and take a nap first but that's just me. It may just be vertigo. If you've never had problems with your blood pressure being high then I wouldn't worry too bad. Maybe you're dizzy b/c you're short of breath. I would call the nurse.
    Anonymous

• Ok, I just got off the phone with the nurse.....she said to get something to eat, I haven't had blood pressure or blood sugar issues before, so it is probably just b/c I haven't eaten much today. Sorry for the freak out and thank you for your advice.
    IzzysMommy87

Answer by IzzysMommy87 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• That happened to me too.I called my dr.office and they had me come in to check my blood pressure.They didn't send me to E.R. Blood Pressure was elevated.You better call.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 1:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• oh, and about the ER....I don't feel like I am dying, and as I was aware, the emergency room is for EMERGENCIES...so I didn't want to drive my dizzy self an hour and a half to the ER if it wasn't an emergency. I am sitting my 6 y/o sister and have no other way to the hospital aside from driving myself or calling an ambulance...I can't afford another $600 ER bill, plus ambulance bill.....last time I went to the ER was also against my will....I didn't feel like I was dying, but my Mom and the nurses insisted I go......it was just gas and the doc didn't even see me, they swore that my gallbladder had ruptured, but they didn't even do any tests.....when I got there, the on call doc told me it was just gas, sent me home, and charged me $600 for his "time".....that is why I don't like rushing to the ER if I am still healthy enough to be on the computer typing stuff into a little box on CafeMom. Geesh.
    IzzysMommy87

Answer by IzzysMommy87 at 1:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Izzy I like the your answer lol. The ER is for emergencies and too many people abuse it. It probably is just your blood-sugar level so eat my dear. Hope you feel better
    Anonymous