When's your baby due? I'M NOT PREGNANT!

OK, so I'm overweight...but not that much. I hate getting asked that question. My youngest is about to turn 7yo. So, the question is, how do you respond in that situation? Last time it happened was with a customer at work, so I was polite and simply said, oh I'm not pregnant. But, the time before that, I was having a very bad day and and said, I'm not pregnant, just not as fat as you, so I look pregnant. My theory on this is: if you don't know the person well enough to know when they're due, then it's NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• My daughter is 14 months old and I still get asked how far along I am. This is what I say:

"Oh, I'm just still fat from having my one year old."

They shut up really quick.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My theory on it is, if you don't want to be asked how far along you are- lose the weight. People will always be asking. There is nothing anyone can do about it. Once you look pregnant- your going to be asked. So solution- hit the gym. Sorry to sound so brutal, but its just the truth.
    Anonymous

• I was asked that by the lady at the drive thru window at McDonalds one night and it embarassed me bc Ive never had anyone say that...I was like "Umm Im not pregnant" so she hurried up and shut the window and didnt apologize or anything and it really bothered me...I did find out like 5 days later that I WAS pregnant (About 4 weeks) so it didnt bother me to bad after that.
    Your right, people should not ask when you are due unless they personally know you and know that you are in fact pregnant.
    misspriss_1987

Answer by misspriss_1987 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I actually did this one time.. i swear the woman really did look like she was about 8 months along, and was wearing what I thought was a maternity dress. I was so mortified, bc I thought I was striking up a happy conversation.. it NEVER occurred to me that i was being rude. Ever since then I never ask unless they say something first! Some people (like me) are just trying to be nice, and really aren't trying to be rude.. they are just clueless! However, I agree it is irritating and rude, just please remember that it may be someone trying to be nice.. not rude or ugly.
    Anonymous

• When my friend was about 7 months PG with her son (she is very thin and showing a lot) she had some lady in the grocery store came up to her and put her hand on her bally and ask when she was due. She looked at the lady and told her she wasn't pregnant that it was a tumor. the lady was apparently shocked!! My friend said she felt bad but she was tried of people touching her belly. Maybe you could try the same thing. Look horrified and tell then it's an inoperable tumor. ;0)
    Anonymous

• Thats just mean. I dont blame you for getting upset. Pregnant woman have that distict shaped belly, people should know the difference. Thats just ignorant. If you dont know for sure someones pregnant you shouldnt ask that. I had kind of a similar problem, only the opposite this girl came into my work, pointed right at me and said to her friend, i thought that girl over there was you but shes anorexic. I dont see why so many people have to concern themselves with your weight. No matter what your always gunna be too fat or too skinny. I try to ignore it, but it doesnt make it any less annoying.
    holly082290

Answer by holly082290 at 4:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I am sorry you had your feelings hurt! Some people just still have that pop belly like a pregnant belly. If you are worried about the weight I can help you with that. I was introduced to a product called Liv sXinney and it has changed my life! It is a simple concentrate you mix with water and sip on it all day long I am down 2 sizes in6 weeks. Its all natural and no stimulants. If you are interested send me your email to livsxinney702@hotmail.com. I will sen you some videos about our company and products. You can also check out my webpage at www.zxoomers.com/brittneyo

Thanks
    Brittney
    BrittneyO

Answer by BrittneyO at 11:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I would NEVER ask that question unless someone looks ready to pop and I am POSITIVE they are pregnant.

When I married my first husband i was actually asked that on our wedding day!
    GreenAndLean

Answer by GreenAndLean at 9:04 PM on Jul. 15, 2009