i am 9 weeks and i started spotting red-dark red blood, it is normally pinkish or brown. i have little cramps on and off can some one reassure or help me. is my lil one ok

i dont know if this helps but doc did say i would have some bleeding and heart beat was 120 per. a week ago

beloved1622

Asked by beloved1622 at 1:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Call your doctor or go to the hospital and have someone take a look.

However, don't give up hope that you are okay. I spotted bright red blood through most of my second pregnancy. They could never find a reason for it and the first time I went to the ER with the bleeding they said I was having a miscarriage.

Mid-way through my pregnancy I was still bleeding off and on so they put me on modified bed-rest. And my little girl is here and wonderful. Hope this helps and I wish you the best.
    TessLouise

Answer by TessLouise at 1:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Usually dark red, pink or brown blood indicates old blood which is most likely from implantation bleeding.

However there is another type of bleeding that can occur in the 1st trimester. It's called hormonal bleeding which can be light spotting to period like bleeding. I had briht red, period like bleeding early in my pregnancy and I just delivered my little boy 2 weeks ago so he turned out fine.

I would suggest going to the ER just to get checked. They can't stop it but they can reassure you by tellingg you whether or not your miscarrying.
    Anonymous

• i just got back from an unscheduled us because i started having brown spotting last night. i am 7weeks 4days. i have had two previous mc so i was a nervous wreck. my dr sent me to the care center and everything is still showing normal with a heart rate of 150. tech told me that blood could have been from implantation that hasnt come out. or sex or also hormones. doesnt mean that i am in the clear but made me feel a little better. good luck
    longonevs

Answer by longonevs at 3:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Typically when they get a healthy heart rate your chance of mc goes down dramatically. I had bleeding during both my pregnancies, implantation with the first and cervix with the second. good luck!
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 6:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I should also say I have 2 very healthy little boys right now! :)
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 6:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2009