Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Change of domicile

Movin out of state is not what we all plan to do but life happens and well everything happens for a reason. My fiance and i want to get married but I have a 4 yr old that i share custody with her father week to week. How do I make this equal for the both of us parents . We have both moved on and both have children just MI law restricts parents from moving 100 miles from eachother. Thats great to keep communication but not when your confined and feel sheltered.. My fiance is in the military and is stationed in Fl.

Answer Question

Asked by Tressa2005 at 1:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (1)
  • You are going to probably have to get an attorney and get a amendment put in your agreement about you moving due to the military. Hopefully you and your ex can come to an agreement to avoid going to court. If you can agree on an amendment it just need to be filed through the courts. With me and my ex, I had to give 30 days notification to the courts and my ex. Our custody agreement changed to him having long visitation over the summer and ever other christmas. I also payed half the travel expenses. GL
    Oh my husband is in the military.

    Answer by Soniam301 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.