Do you eat "weird" stuff?

My 6 yr old sister LOVES calamari(sp?) She knows it's squid, she even eats the legs. I like it too but the legs freak me out. We eat bamboo shoots in chili oil on our rice, it's good try it. What do you like that other people think is gross/strange?

OwensMama824

Asked by OwensMama824 at 1:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Well, I really like escargot. You know...the snails, usually served in mushroom caps. I've found they're especially good if you pour balsamic vinegar over them.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 1:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I think that eating animal flesh is pretty gross. Yet some people won't touch tofu. Go figure

Answer by rkoloms at 1:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I love the little calamari with the legs! I like kim chee, and I know some people won't go anywhere near it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I love sushi, enough people think that alone is weird, lol.

I bought what is called a Santa Claus Melon (tastes just like honey dew) but my whole family still thinks it is gross and won't even try it.
    KlousMomi

Answer by KlousMomi at 2:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I love sushi too! Could probably eat it for every meal! My daughter though has tried a bunch of stuff that I wont eat. My husband loves going to Mexican taquerias and ordering beef tongue tacos. My daughter has had beef tongue and liver...I cant touch the stuff.

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 3:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Oh yeah, I also like "smelly cheese"...like really good Bries and Camemberts.....Before children my husband and I wouldn't be afraid to drop some money on good cheese.

lucysmomrocks

Answer by lucysmomrocks at 3:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• yup!! Kids have always eaten what ever I put in front of them and usually love it!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 3:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I accidentally found out that hot sauce (a little bit of it) on a chocolate bar is great. I looked into it and found that in i think its Mexico they eat chocolate covered jalapenos so i guess its the same ides. Its really good
    Alie1313

Answer by Alie1313 at 9:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I love mussels but no one else in my house will eat them... especially since my immature hubby commented that they look anatomical in front of the kids.
    MichiMomma

Answer by MichiMomma at 4:22 PM on Jul. 15, 2009