What do you think of "Orgasam a Day" Campaign for Teen in UK?

A NHS leaflet is advising school pupils that they have a "right" to an enjoyable sex life and that regular intercourse can be good for their cardiovascular health...

...Alongside the slogan "an orgasm a day keeps the doctor away", it says: "Health promotion experts advocate five portions of fruit and veg a day and 30 minutes' physical activity three times a week. What about sex or masturbation twice a week?"

For too long, say its authors, experts have concentrated on the need for “safe sex” and loving relationships while ignoring the main reason that many people have sex, that is, for enjoyment.

The document, called Pleasure, has been drawn up by NHS Sheffield, although it is also being circulated outside the city.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/education/article6689953.ece

beachmamaof2

Asked by beachmamaof2 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/education/article6689953.ece

While I think as a parent it is completely insane for them to be telling teens this - I must admit there is a small tiny part of me giggling while reading it...

beachmamaof2

Answer by beachmamaof2 at 1:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My personal motto is An orgasm a day keeps the grumpies away!! But not for teens lol. Teens masturbating is one thing, it's normal and healthy, but not with partners
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Why just for teens?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yea I think it's good for adults lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I don't think teenagers are mature enough to ALWAYS practice safe sex. And i think it may encourage teens to have lots of partners. If it's fun, & everybody likes it, why not do it w/ everybody? Promiscuous sex usually leads towards pregnancy and/or some ugly disease. I think it's just another thing that some teens can abuse & end up w/ consequences. They are just not mature enough to ALWAYS make the right decision, especially when dealing w/ something as instinctual as sex. I know plenty of adults who don't want to grab a condom at the heat of the moment, what makes us think a teenager can?

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 1:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• in the UK things are way different and they are very open about sexulity. i lived over there for 3 years. it my seem out of the ordinary for us here because every thing has to be so PC, but over there it's different
    ssnelson26

Answer by ssnelson26 at 2:16 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I really don't know what to think about it. In one hand (no pun intended), I don't think telling teens to have orgasms is appropriate. But on the other side of that, sexual health is vitally important to the human race. Most marriages fail without having a fulfilling sexual life. How many women complain about not being able to orgasm at all, and some only while self satisfying? It's a very large percentage, I do know that. As far as teaching safe sex, I won't get into that as it is a completely different subject. Hmmm, I think I am getting a good grant idea.

Anonymous

• Europe is more open-minded about sex. Americans would have a fit. I don't mind it, but masterbation is for private, not for other.s
    Anonymous

• This as WAAAAY crazy, what next? Are they going to roll out mats in Gym class and have them have sex intead of running laps?
    Anonymous

• I think the idea of promoting sex to teens is kinda creepy. I think more and more girls need to know about their own bodies and how to satisfy themselves. I mean, so many girls are having sex with other teenage boys and basically getting used because it's the boy who gets all the benefits of sex- not the girl. I doubt so many girls would be giving out bjs if they knew what they were capable of feeling from actually looking out for their benefits- not of their boyfriends. If someone told my kids to practice twice a week I would knock someone out. I don't think there is anything wrong with masturbation but I do think there is something wrong with underage sex. And no one does not lead to the other lol.
    SwePea

Answer by SwePea at 3:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2009