Trying to decide whether I'm ready to leave dd for a night...

Is the first time you leave your baby going to be hard no matter what? Mine is 7 weeks old and my dh and I have a wedding that we really want to go to in 2 weeks. My MIL is wonderful and can keep her for us. I guess we'd be gone from like 2pm until the next day at noon...almost 24 hours. I am not sure I will even be able to enjoy myself! The wedding is 2 hours from my MIL's house so if I do want to come back it will be a 2 hour drive...Do you think I should suck it up and get through this first time without her so that it's easier next time? Or should I wait until I feel more ready? (Or does that ever happen??).

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 1:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Well it's your choice, you can either choose to enjoy yourself or you can choose not to. I know personally, my hub and I always miss our kids if we are away from them, but boy do we enjoy missing them :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 1:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My daughter in 10 weeks and I left her with my mom fron 4pm till like 2am to go to a concert with my sis and I spent the majority of the time texting my mom and cheacking on her... that and my breast got so engorged I had to pump... I had a good time but spent most... I personaly would try a shorter time being away before doing an all nighter but at the same time mabie it dont mater... Everyone is different... As my mom told me its more about when you are ready to leave them not about when they are ready to leave you... lol good luck
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 2:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I know exactly how you feel, my baby is 2 and it is still hard for me to leave her!lol But we all need breaks and if you for 100% sure trust your ML than your baby will be fine. Just call and check on her and have fun because we rarely get chances to have a good time. I think you should go, like I said if you really trust your ML everything will be fine.

SD777

Answer by SD777 at 2:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• my DD is 3.5 mos and I just left her night before last for a few hours with my mom (finally had enough pumped milk in the freezer and she ended up not using much at all! lol) so DH and I could go see Bruno at the theatre. A few weeks ago I was in a wedding and had to leave DD in the church nursery :( with some milk (she didn't drink much then, either,.. I think she hates bottles) and it was sooo hard. I thought I'd be leaking milk on my trip down the aisle... "here comes the bridesmaid" *Squirt!!* lol. Overnight though? omg no... I'm sooooo not ready for that. Probably won't be for at least a couple years.
    Kat770

Answer by Kat770 at 4:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2009