What are your views on stem cell research?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• My views are if you don't support it-don't expect to use it when they figure it all out. Thats all I have to say about it.
    Anonymous

• I support adult and cord blood stem cell research. There have been breakthroughs with it. I don't support embryonic stem cell research.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 2:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I'm for it all. And embryo that is just going to be discarded should be used for scientific purposes (unless other wise specified). Curing cancer and all sorts of other diseases seems quite important. I've never understood why people can't support it- it could save so many lives by the use of one embryo that wasn't going to be born anyway.
    Anonymous

• I support stem cell research, but don't think it will be the cure-all they promise. There is some political manipulation going on when they claim stem cells will be able to cure heart disease, MS, Alzheimer's, paralysis, etc. They have no way of knowing what, if any, cure will come from the research until all the research is done.  The cures they promise are just a way to berate and guilt out those who don't support stem cell research.

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 2:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I agree with the last answer. I had to use IVF and I have 20 embryos left. Once we decide if we are going to try agian in a few years I will then have the rest donated. If they aren't donated they will just be destroyed. Why prolong the cures that are coming from the research by throwing them away. To me it is way more meaningful and purpsoseful to have them go to something where good is going to come out of them than the trash. I put way too much emotion and work into getting them here to throw them away. And I sure am not going to have 20 more kids.
    twinsmommy07

Answer by twinsmommy07 at 2:20 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I support people being able to choose the fate of their embryos. Some people might want to donate their embryos to other infertile couples. GREAT. Some might want to donate to stem cell research. GREAT. Some might just want to bury them unused. THEIR CHOICE. I consider it a waste but still not my call.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I do not support embryonic stem cells one I feel its morally wrong I don't care if they said I was going to die tomorrow I will NOT use embryonic stem cells EVER! I support cord blood which stem cells are also found in. Another reason not to use embryo stem cells are they are not safe and never will be you can not control something like that. most people don't know that they cause tumors...don't believe me ask the 9 y.o. boy who went to Russia and had them put into his brain and now has brain tumors. There are other methods of getting and maturing stem cells like adult stem cells found in adults own organs and IPS. there is no reason to use embryos at all.
    Crissy1213

Answer by Crissy1213 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I believe there is a lot of political manipulation going on to make us all think it can cure so much. I don't believe in embryos being used. That's just sick. Yeah they're being disgarded but IMO, that's bad enough.
    SwePea

Answer by SwePea at 3:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Political manipulation? I am against stem cell but i would really like to know where political manipulations has to do with this?
    Anonymous

• I am ALL FOR IT...there's so much potential to do so much good with it...
    Yoshi_Yoshi

Answer by Yoshi_Yoshi at 3:22 PM on Jul. 14, 2009