Cereal...

I started my daughter on rice cereal last week. I started putting apple juice in it to try and get her to like it more. Im getting so frusterated cause she wont eat any of it. Please tell me this will get better. I dont know how much more of this I can take. She doesnt want to eat it at all...she turns her head from be the whole time. What can I do.

Amanduh87

Asked by Amanduh87 at 1:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Andy didnt like cereal either. have you tried adding baby food to it? that use to be the only way i could get him to eat it.
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 1:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If she's under 6 months (you didn't specify) then she shouldn't be eating it anyway. If she's over 6 months, you shouldn't bother with cereal. It's an empty filler. Go straight to real foods (sweet potatoes, bananas, etc).
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 2:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Sh doesnt really need the cereal, try just the apple sauce
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 2:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yes she is over six months. Sorry.
    Amanduh87

Answer by Amanduh87 at 2:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• kittyhasclaws, let her follow doctors orders. She was just asking for advice not you telin her what she should be doing
    Anonymous

• Anon :03, if she's feeding solids, it's obviously been given the okay by her doctor. And you feed one new food per week. I've never heard a doctor say that at 6 months, the only thing to feed is cereal. She asked for advice, and I gave advice. And lo and behold, many people have said the same thing about not bothering with cereal!
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 2:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• So should I stop cereal when I start fruit and give her a fruit in the morning!?!? Im new at this
    Amanduh87

Answer by Amanduh87 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I agree with SThompson21. I had to add baby food to my sons cereal, its the only way he would eat it. And I was told to start feeding my baby cereal at 4 months and baby food at 6 months. This was from my ped. Its really not that big of a deal about getting cereal, no major issue if she doesn't like it. Good luck.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 2:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• You can always try something other than rice cereal. Don't force it; you don't want to have a battle and she doesn't NEED that *particular* solid.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Well my kids were on cereal as newborns, in their bottles, but by age 6 months they were on baby foods. Cereal is very bland and has no real taste. At 6 months my kids had already done most of the vegetables and some fruits. So try vegetables instead of cereal
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2009