Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)


3 years ago I worked for starbucks and didn't collect my last paycheck because I was embarrassed about the way I stopped going in. I was pregnant and worked a 10 pm to 5am shift. once the tiredness kicked in I just stopped going... anyways. my question is this, is there a way to get that last paycheck? I'm really hurting for money right now and could use it. I looked on but it still hasn't been reported... what can I do after 3 years? thanks ladies...

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (2)
  • you can file with your state department of labor; chances are that the money had to be claimed within a year.

    Answer by rkoloms at 2:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

  • yea i think after a certain time, its gone, but i know theres a form you can fill out to claim any "unclaimed" money from the past. My aunt just got 340 she never knew she was entitled to. Ill have to ask her where she got the form from. google it in your state!

    Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.