i would like to know by a show of replies how many mommas are out there that has a non believing husband or vice versa?

how do you guys cope (positively) with that? do you have a story on how one was a believer and the other wasnt but then the other started believing? i am specifically speaking of Christianity here but i wouldnt mind reading about other faiths too. i think its difficult to live in a spiritually divided household. especially if the wife is trying to be a bible believing chrisitan and the hubby isnt. the bible speaks of winning him over by your (the wife) conduct. anyone has any testimonies to this? please share. thanks.

Msunique80

Asked by Msunique80 at 2:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• I have a very strong faith is God, my husband is Agnostic. It has no bearing on our marriage at all. Beliefs are personal
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My Husband is Athiest and I am VERY strongly Cathlic. And our daughter is being raised Baptist. Dosnt seem to be affecting any of us. even though hes not a beiliver he still comes to church with us and everything. We are even planing our vow renewal in a huge Cathlic Cathedral and HE picked it!
    Anonymous

• well, I'm in a interfaith marriage, Jewish and Christian. personally, I think that god accepts us for what we are. I don't believe in all the judgment take on things. Does your husband really not believe in god or it is that he doesn't believe in all the things that you would like him to?
    Personally I would like it if my husband was the same religion as I am, but he can't change his beliefs anymore than I could change mine.
    So how do we deal with it? I respect his beliefs and he respects mine- we embrace each others differences. Granted, particularly in winter our house looks like a holiday display at Macy's with all the different decorations, but it's fun.
    I suppose it's up to you what you do, but if you really have a problem with him not believing the way you do, you may want to see a counselor to see how you'll deal with it in your marriage.
    Best of luck-
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 2:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Well, I strongly believe in Karma and doing the good for your body and soul. My SO thinks when you die, you're dead and worms eat your body.
    I believe your soul reaches for things it strives for and continues on. We're raising our daughter to believe in the good of people, to treat her body and her mind with the at most respect, and have the at most respect for others. She isn't going to be baptised like me and my SO were. We both grew up in strong Christian households, but we as people don't have the same ideas and opinions as our parents. I think you can make it work if you have the RESPECT of the other person and put forward the same respect.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Well when we met my husband was practicing Wiccan. I was attending a UCC church. It's not affected us as far as issues, but eventually my Dh became a Christian on his own.
    Lesli

Answer by Lesli at 2:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• We're different. He believes in God and I think he's gullible. But we work wonderfully. I accept and respect his right to believe whatever he chooses and he does the same for me. We don't have any children together so this isn't really a concern.
    Anonymous

• I am penecostal and he wasn't raised in church. He agreed before marriage though that our children would be raised in church. He attends with me and has recently (been together 9 yrs) began reading the Bible on his own and asking questions.
    Anonymous

• My best friend is Christian and her hubbies an atheist and I completely disagree that the two mix at all. Light and dark cannot mix one must always consume the other. For example when you turn on a light in a dark room what always happens? Does some of the room have darkness while the middle or some corners have light? Not at all the light consumes the darkness and when the light is turned off the darkness takes over where there was once light. The same is in a unequally yoked marriage and I have and continue to witness this very thing in her marriage. He purposefully picks on and mocks the things of God because he doesn't understand them. She has an autistic son who is 10yrs. old and has been raised in the Christian faith been saved and baptized but is now being told by his father things he believes like Darwinism and how there is no God and it is really confusing him. Not to mention how it is breaking my friends heart.
    vryblessed

Answer by vryblessed at 12:28 PM on Aug. 11, 2009