What's wrong with his ankle?

So last night my son was walking around fine. This morning he wouldn't even put any pressure on his right ankle. He was crawling around, which I haven't seen him do for months. I called the doctor and they said just to ice it and put an ace bandage on it. Do you think maybe he just twisted it while sleeping? I was thinking that he maybe got his foot stuck in the slats of his crib. I called daycare and they are saying that he is walking around on it now without crying. Anything that I can do to help with the pain? Any ideas would be wonderful.

NAT24ROXY24

Asked by NAT24ROXY24 at 2:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Then it probably got in the bars of the crib like you said. If he isn't complaining now I wouldn't worry too much unless it returns.
    Underwoodwife

Answer by Underwoodwife at 2:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• It might have been asleep.
    Underwoodwife

Answer by Underwoodwife at 2:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My husband was thinking the same thing but it was over 2 1/2 hours and he still wasn't putting pressure on it. Plus when I would push on his ankle he would only cry if I touched the bone on the outside of the ankle.
    NAT24ROXY24

Answer by NAT24ROXY24 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2009