How do you handle a friend who is flighty?

Okay I have this friend that is having a baby in August. She doesn't really talk to me much anymore since I got fired. But I have gotten 4 phone calls from another mutual friend of ours asking if I am going to her baby shower next week. Also the first friend was supposed to stop by multiple times and give me a invitation. I say if I can't get a invite I am not going. That just shows me she wants a gift nothing else. I didn't buy her anything. But I crocheted her a bunch of baby washcloths and if I was going ot go....I was going to give her what I made and get a pack of onesies and have the kids decorate them with fabric markers. I don't have the money to go all out. What do u think? What would you do?

sweetpea532

Asked by sweetpea532 at 2:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldn't go to a baby shower where I was not formally invited to. If she wanted you there she would have given you an invitation.

boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 2:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If there isn't an invite I am not going.
    Dylansmom32509

Answer by Dylansmom32509 at 2:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I wouldnt go. Donate baby stuff to good will and call it a day.
    lostshel

Answer by lostshel at 2:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• i dont deal with flighty friends. i think ones with children or preg. ones are easier to excuse because everyone knows that having kids or being preg isnt easy and the moods along with free time varies ALL the time. however if she was flighty before im not sure i would bother. If you really like her, then i would say sure go and as far as gifts are concerned, i was thank ful for ANYTHING i got used new cheapor expensive. some of the best gifts i got were hand me downs from a friend of mine!!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 2:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• some ppl are just absent minded and with new baby on the way im sure her thoughts are everywhere. im one of those trying to do too much at once and come across as flighty but its not intentional. if she informally invited you i think you should go
    Anonymous

• If she didn't send me an invetation I would not go...
    About her as a friend,,She is not that much of a friend to me.

Answer by louise2 at 2:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I would send something in the mail for the baby, although I am sure that her baby will get more than it needs and not worry about her. After the baby is born you can get a little basket with some spa stuff for her and something for the baby and take it to her house. She might see how caring you are and then be a better friend. You never know.
    krissyvelazquez

Answer by krissyvelazquez at 2:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Sounds to me like if she really wanted you there you would have gotten an invite. I wouldn't go.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 2:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I don't go to anything I'm not personally invited to

Answer by admckenzie at 3:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• No. If if I were you I wouldn't go. No invite no go.Now if she calls you . it's up to you if you go. but don't take a gift .say when she called to tell you about it . it ws too late to go out to get anything.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 4:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2009