Why does it have too be soooo many to choose from???

I am sooo tired of trying all kinds of face products (along with hair, body, etc.) I just want something quick and simple like for my face (example: wash face, dry face and go or go to bed) Any suggestions? thanks!

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Beauty & Style

Answer by neveragain17 at 2:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

Answer by neveragain17 at 2:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I use aveda BK gel cleanser and moisturizer. It works great for me!

Answer by Soniam301 at 2:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I use the store brand of Olay cleanser with microbeads and moisturizer. They work well, are cheap, and about as easy as it gets. The last time I got Dollar General's brand, the time before that, Equate. I don't see a difference between them and Olay.

Answer by drowninginboys at 3:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Face Wash = It's this orange stuff, I think made by Clean & Clear? It's got little exfoliating beads in it too.

Face Lotion = Olay. You can buy a 2 pack from Sam's.

Answer by ap9902 at 6:14 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I use the 3 step skin care from clinique- face wash, exfoliate/cleanser and moisturizer. there are different types like 1-4 for different skin types

Answer by charrenee at 11:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I recommend Clinique -- they have tons of great stuff. But, if you go to a Clinique counter in a department store they willt ake all the confusion out of it for you. Tell them what type of skin you have and they will help you find the perfect products for your skin type. I love them!

Answer by DCchick06 at 10:32 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Here is how my teen handles her acne: wash your face twice a day with a very mild soap (like unscented baby soap) and a soft wash cloth; follow with a light, oil free moisturizer (she uses Lush). Once a day, before you wash your face, put on a honey mask (just honey, a great anti-bacterial). Every three days add a pinch of baking soda to the honey to exfoliate. Check back with me in two weeks and tell me how this worked.

Before buying or selling any body care products, it is important to check the safety of the ingredients. I like the Skin Deep database maintained by the Environmental Working Group (the folks who publish the guide to pesticides in produce).
    Avon and Mary Kay, among others, make a big public show of their support of breast cancer research and victims, yet refuse to stop using cancer causing ingredients in their products.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:10 PM on Jul. 15, 2009