I am in the market for a convertible car seat. Any suggestions or opinions???

My son weighs 26 lbs. and I want one that will last until at least 80 lbs.
I was looking at Eddie Bauer Enspira.....half of the review are terrible, the other half love it. WHAT to do ?

SarahMichel

Asked by SarahMichel at 2:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Shopping

• well is your son FF? or is he still RF?

if hes FF the graco nautlius is great! we just bought one for my 3 year old.. it harneses till 65'lb and then a HBB and finally a low booster until 100lbs....

i got mine at target for $170
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 2:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Dont get an eddie bauer! The harness slots are way too low and they are outgrown by height way before they are by weight. My 2 year old is too tall for his! If he is already FFing I'd suggest the nautilus. If he is RFing I'd suggest the truefit. RF to 35lbs and EH to 65lbs.
    Chandra034

Answer by Chandra034 at 2:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• he has been FFinc since 1 year (24 lbs.) Yeah, alot of the review said the straps were tight on those fat little theighs!!! We certainly dont want that. I keep going back to the britax...but $280.00 seems really steep for a carseat. I am about to go and check out this Nautilus...thank ya'll.
    SarahMichel

Answer by SarahMichel at 2:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• We have the Evenflo Titan Elite Convertible Car Seat - Raceway. It costs $99.99 from Babies R Us. For rear facing, it goes from 5-35 lbs. For forward facing, it goes from 20-50 lbs. We have two, one in each vehicle. They're nice, have good ratings, and wanted to buy 2 so being affordable was a major detail.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• we bought the Graco Nautilus for our son also, fantastic. harness until 65lbs, has a booster. walmart now has it for $143. what ever you do, research. I like to go to walmart.com because people rate the items and sometimes put up their own pictures.
    proudmomma777

Answer by proudmomma777 at 12:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• I have the Eddie Bauer Alpha Omega Elite and I like it. Its comparable to the Nautilus, but a bit more expensive. My son is 3 and weighs about 33 lbs and is 38 inches tall. He fits perfectly fine and will for sometime. By the time hes 4 1/2 or so, he will likely need a 5 pt booster, but thats awhile away. I did look at the nautilus while I was at walmart a few weeks ago just to see the differences and it looks like that the N might be better for a taller child, but it didnt do all the things that mine does. I dont remember seeing the adjustments for laying it back in case they want to sleep. I dont remember. I suggest either one of these two. They both run about $160 ish. When you find what you want, check out the site Albeebaby.com. They usually have these carseats for much cheaper and free shipping...You gotta know what you want first. Good luck!!
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 7:43 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• We have a Eddie Bauer one that goes from 0-100lbs. I would spend the extra $ and get one that has a high weight limit so that your not always buying a new carseat.
    mommytobrooke

Answer by mommytobrooke at 2:01 PM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Thanks to everyone who answered my question about what car seat to get. I purchased the Graco Nautilus and I just got it in about 20 minutes ago, I LOVE IT!!!! You all were right , its great!
    SarahMichel

Answer by SarahMichel at 1:53 PM on Jul. 20, 2009