Is it really common for moms to become depressed without having thier kids when going through a divorce???????

RYNA22

Asked by RYNA22 at 2:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Health

• I dont know how this will help but when I first started seeing my Hubby we saw his daughter regularly. She pretty much became mine. Then we moved 20 minutes away and got married and his ex-wife (being the controling b*@#h she is) desided since he wasnt able to cater to her every whim anymore was going to use his daughter against us and we are no longer aloud to see her. I cry atleast twice a week when I see somthing that reminds me of her. So yeah I would have to say it is VERY normal. Even if the kids arnt yours (like my story) you can still get depressed.
    belljaz

Answer by belljaz at 2:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yes, it is very normal to get depressed if you don't have your kids. It is normal to get depressed while going thru a divorce, period. It's a life changing event, and even if you are the one who wants it, and even initiates it, it can still bring you down. If you feel like the depression is extreme or is making it difficult to live your life, consider seeing your doctor or a counselor. I hope things improve for you.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 4:19 PM on Jul. 14, 2009