What can I expect at the 2 month pediatrician visit? What size is average for a 2 month old?

Just curious... My son's 2 month visit is in two days...

JenniferKay5

Asked by JenniferKay5 at 2:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• normally its just a wieght check and length check. As for average i don't know but my son was a premiee and was 8 lbs, 10 oz 23 inches at his two month check. At birth he was 5lbs 1oz and 18 1/4 inches.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• At my daughter's 2 month visit she got her shots. Yours should too. Take your immunization book with you. Besides that it was just a general check-up like mentioned above, weight, length, etc. I always write down a few questions that I want to ask the pediatrician too, that way I don't forget when I'm there. Make sure you have baby Tylenol on hand at home for after the shots. Some people say to give the baby Tylenol before going to the pediatrician for their shots, but the dose you give is based on the baby's weight so wait until your doctor has told you how much to give. Good luck!
    silvia316

Answer by silvia316 at 2:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• some drs don't give shots until 3 months, it will also depend on weight and if the dr things the baby is ready for shots.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Call your pediatrician's office and ask THEM what to expect. Even the ones around here vary office to office.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:13 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Weight, height and shots.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2009