Brag a little! I wanna know YOUR healthy recipes!

Im trying to eat healthier and unfortunately being rasied in the South, its hard for me to find healthy recipes that I actually like! So Id like you to brag and share some of your recipes!! Im trying to be experimental and try different things! Bring it on!

MommyFlood

Asked by MommyFlood at 2:35 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• My fave:

1 lb Whole grain pasta (the spirals work well, so does penne)
    4 large tomatoes
    1 cup shredded mozzarella (low fat, if you want)
    1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
    1/3 c red wine vinegar

Cook the pasta and cool it. Dice tomatoes. MIx everything else together, salt and pepper to taste and you have it! You can also add some chopped onion, some browned ground beef, italian seasoning, some chopped avocado... And you can add or decrease the amount of whatever ingredient to your liking!

PS: I can't take full credit for this. I got the main recipe from a friend, then just started adding to it!
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 2:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• well i make yummy chicken

i put a little olive oil< better for you> and caramalize some onions, add the chicken and let it get browned... also i add garlic and salt pepper... then when you turn the chicken to the other side i add veggies.. asparagus, or broccliie and caluiflour, ro peppers...

verry yummy! and if there's left over chicken i cut it up add the left over onions some crumbled blue cheese and a smidge of light mayo and its a yummy chicken salad..
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 2:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Oh, and a great sandwich:

Sourdough bread
    Light mayo
    Romaine lettuce
    Alfalfa sprouts
    Red onion sliced thin
    Tomato sliced thin
    Cucumber sliced thin
    Smoked provolone cheese
    A touch of olive oil and red wine vinegar to taste
    Salt and pepper to taste

Use whatever amounts of each ingredient to layer up the sandwich. It's a great lacto-vegetarian sandwich that at one point I ate everyday for more than a week.
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 2:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Thank you ladies!!! And I LOVE alfalfa sprouts!!! mmm!
    MommyFlood

Answer by MommyFlood at 3:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I just made these super easy wraps not too long ago for lunch one day and they were quite tasty

grilled chicken - you can add seasoning, I didn't
    sliced avocado
    sliced tomato
    romain lettuce
    whole wheat tortillas

I spread light Miracle Whip and dijon mustard on the tortilla and then added the filling and sprinkled some salt on top
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• these little boxes don't have enough room! if you would like tasty, healthy, family and budget friendly recipes, send me a message

Answer by rkoloms at 3:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2009