Do you choose your friends based on their lifestyle???

HONESTLY...
Do you choose your friends based on their lifestyle?

Do you accept the new mom in the playgroup as your friend if she dresses for comfort instead of style? What if her house is in a neighborhood that was not as nice as your own? Do you choose your friends based on what they do or do not have or based on personality alone?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I choose my friends based on the same ideals.
    I could care less how they look, or where they live. As long as they put their childrens needs before their own, I'm happy.
    DesignerMom0801

Answer by DesignerMom0801 at 2:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• no - i choose my friends based on what kind of people they are.
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 2:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I choose my friends based on personality and how they treat other people. I could care less where they live, how they dress, or what kind of home they live in. Since when did possessions and "style" count more than the person within. It's very sad that so many materialistic questions are being asked on here lately.
    MynTop

Answer by MynTop at 2:51 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I picked my friends because we had things in common, and iam that chick your taking about i own one dress and few shirts, i were a tank top and jeans most days and when my mom visits she throws out the clothes she really cant stand. iam very much a tomboy and iam 34, my friends lov me for me and realize i might dress badly but i a nice person.
    16thmoon

Answer by 16thmoon at 2:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I choose my friends based on who they are BUT I will say this; often people I meet are in my same neighborhood. I will also say this; If someone is a friend but can never do anything with you due to work or a complete lack of funds (one friend couldn't split a Domino's pizza w/ me she was so broke all the time) then that affects friendships in a way. I have also been the girl who cannot afford to go to all the trunk shows and Nordstrom runways with wealthier friends cause I just can't spend the money expected when you attend those events.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 2:54 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I choose by what's in their heart. I choose by personality and if we have things in common. I'll play the pretty mean sister and she can be the dopey sister. But, seriously, I just want to have a friend that can make me laugh and the other way around. Someone to talk to and understand where I am coming from. Not someone that will stab me in the back and expect ME to take care of her kids.

Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 2:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I choose them based on if we get along or not.

I could care less if they have more or less than me, its personality and whether we jive that matters.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If we get along, that is all that matters.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 3:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• omg come to my town...what part of town do you live in?the north part ok we can be friends.but you dont live in the new houses,hmm there it goes.does your daughter play soccer yesok we can be friends.hmm not the travel team sorry cant be friends.but your a little heavy and your not blonde.hmmm cant play mommy friends.but you dress ok but still you cant play.and what age did you have your last child???100yrs?no college degree hmm sorry.ya but i went to communitee college.hmm.no wonder why you dont have a big house.also ive heard you are crazy(anxiety and depression)dont want my kids to catch that.and then theres me...i will be friends with everyone.my husband says we just live in the wrong town.and if anyone Says no its not like that ya it is.all the way down to pulling up to the school and everyone is comparing cars or suvs....come to a suburband town in mass and see what its like.CRAZY....but you better be driving your lexus
    nana77500

Answer by nana77500 at 3:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• For me the thing that matters most is personality. We don't have to be the same, but we do have to get along. Income is not imporant as long as they have a good attitude I am cool. We all gravitate towards people like us and I notice that when people see others who look different they aren't as willing to reach out.
    SylviaNCali

Answer by SylviaNCali at 3:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2009