Am I having twins?

I recently found out I'm pregnant with my second and am concerned I'm having twins. I know I'm only about 5 weeks along but I feel like I'm around 10. Really there's no question about how far along I am. With my first pregnancy, I didn't have any emotional or real physical changes until I was about 10-12 weeks but I'm already feeling like my uterus is bigger and my emotions are all over the place. Did this happen to any other mothers of twins?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• every pregnancy is different, and may time during a second pregnancy you show sooner and have symptoms sooner.. from what i have heard anyway
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 2:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Every pregnancy is different. I don't have twins but I'm pregnant with my third. My first I was sick ALL the time. The second not so much...and this one on and off. I got HUGE right away this time around. I didn't notice much of an emotional change with my first but my second I was ALL over the place and this time I'm more or less leveled out...as my husband puts it "pregnancy days". I wouldn't worry about it unless the doctor says something....and then you just do what you have to do. :) You'll be fine momma.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 2:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I was wearing maternity clothes for comfort from the bloating I felt at 6 weeks, you feel things more intensely after your first pregnancy. Many moms on the groups I belonged to including myself felt like this, but only maybe 5 out of 200+ women are having twins....
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• every pregnancy is different and since this is your second things will probably hit you faster. It doesnt mean its twins...just that its different.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 3:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• You will definitely be more in tune with your body with each subsequent pregnancy. I just gave birth to twins aprox 7 weeks ago and I didn't "feel" any different in the begging than I had with my previous 3 pregnancies. You'll find out when you get your first ultrasound.
    proud2Bmomma

Answer by proud2Bmomma at 4:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2009