summertime suggestions for baby playtime

I live in central texas and the heat is pretty unbearable. My son just turned 4 mos old today and I have no idea what to do with him indoors. There's only so much tummy time that he, and I , can take. Does anyone have any suggestions?

photo_mom27

Asked by photo_mom27 at 2:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try looking up a book from Gymboree...they have fantastic activities for ages from birth up until 36 months.
    LaceyAM

Answer by LaceyAM at 2:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• water play is always fun! Put a lil water in a deep pan such as a cake pan and let him play in it. Could get a lil messy but is fun! :)
    Anonymous

• my little one is 6 weeks - we go between the swing, the bouncer and his activity mat - it's hot in VA too :) but he gets a walk in his stroller in the evening :)
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 4:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Try the local library - ours has a baby lapsit time once a week where they do songs and rhymes. Most of the babies there are 6 mos plus, but I started taking my son when he was around 4 months and it was entertaining to him even before he could participate. He's 8 months now and enjoys the other kids and knows the songs (some of them you lift the kids up in the air, or bounce them up and down on your knees and he recognizes the songs and what's about to happen). Also - you can stroll through the mall, or take early morning/late evening walks around the neighborhood. And if you have a neighborhood pool, my son loves to "swim"! If you need some new toys, Craigslist has been great for us finding cheap toys to entertain him.

Answer by missanc at 9:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2009