New mommies take quick showers

Is it only me or does it seem like your showers are in fast forward these days? :) My daughter is ten weeks old and I know that its rare that I get to take a shower and take more then five min... So what do you through out the window for your quickie showers??? Hop in soap up the hair and body and jump out... :) Does anyone ever get the time to shave their legs and their underarms in the same shower anymore... lol... Guess what my little Katie is sleeping and I just took a 20 shower! I even got to shave my legs.... lolol

candlefire22

Asked by candlefire22 at 3:05 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I remember how great it used to feel to get an actual 5 minute shower in with a newborn. Baby will start sleeping for longer spurts soon...and you'll get your showers back.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:07 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yeah it happens.....I started taking mine at night so the hubby could watch the kids and I could take my time and enjoy them again!
    littleguys_rule

Answer by littleguys_rule at 3:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• i remember those days...waiting till dh gets home from work so i can actually have 20 min to myself to bath, shave, etc:) hang in there - it gets better
    scooterpooter

Answer by scooterpooter at 3:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• They've been in fast forward for years now LOL.

Its alright, either you keep it up or you find a way to slow down. I just like to get in and out personally so its never bugged me.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 3:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I can't take a shower during the day because my son doesn't nap 10months old, but i do remember taking those quick 5-10 min showers. Right now if i need a shower during the day i'll take his walker to the bathroom and put him in it so he can play while i shower. But i usually wait till SO comes home to take a shower
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:15 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I have never really taken long showers. I grew up with two sister and both parents, and we only had one bathroom. I was the youngest, so I got shunted aside when the other girls needed the bathroom. However, there is almost a frenzied nature to the new mother's shower. You are constantly sticking your head out of the shower wondering if you heard the baby cry, or you are praying that you can get the shampoo out of you hair before she wakes.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Just wait until you go to a restuarant with them ... I feel like DH and I eat so fast because we don't want our son to get tired and cranky :)
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 6:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• lol yeah i have learned to inhail my food. lol
    candlefire22

Answer by candlefire22 at 12:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2009