type of sippy

my son is 7 months and he has been using the sippy with the straw for a few months now. do you think i should try to get him to use the regular sippies? or is there no use since he knows how to drink from a straw. Its just there are so many kinds of regular sippies and they are cheaper, there are only a few with straws and are more expensive. thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• if he's using the straw keep it that way.... all you need is about 2 good cups
    Anonymous

• Go to Gerber website. That have a questionaire that determine the right sippy for your baby. I think its neat and my DD loves the sippy the suggested.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 3:23 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• straw sippys are great...but the point of a sippy is to teach the child to turn the cup up to get the drink out....i would try to get him to use one but continue to give him the straw cup also...kinda rotate them out
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• my nephew was on the sippies with straws because he didn't get that he had to tip his head back to drink from the regular sippies...he just turned 2 and just recently learned how to use a regular sippy and that he needs to tip his head back to get the milk/juice/water
    My son is almost 8mos and has been using a sippy for about a week or so...he doesn't get the sippies with straws yet...I think it's important for toddlers to learn how to use both...one teaches them more how to drink from a cup, since they have to tilt their head back and the other teaches them how to use a straw...so I think both are important skills to learn.
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 4:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2009