weaning from bottle

I am trying to get my 8 month old off the bottle. He drinks from a sippy so I figure he no longer needs a bottle. Right now he only gets juice in a sippy, and refuses formula in there. So I know people say just stop the bottle cold turkey, if I do this, should I at least give him water throughout the day so he doesn't get dehydrated since I figure it will take a day or so at least before he gives in and drinks the formula from the sippy.

Should he still get a nighttime bottle? Its part of our bedtime routine, or should I just give him formula with dinner instead of juice.
Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:24 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had to go cold turkey with my older kids, I didn't give anything if he refused the formula in the sippy...they need the formula more than anything else and they will drink it if hungry/thirsty.

My youngest hated bottles from the beginning so threw the bottle at 10 months and refused it after that pointing at the sippy
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 3:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2009