locating lost family (long after adoption)

my mother just celebrated her 62nd birthday and still has never met her biological father. she was born to a young woman in the philippines who gave her up for adoption. her biological father was a soldier during the war, and had to leave before she was born. from our knowledge, he knew of her birth because he sent baby items to her bio-mother. the only information we have is his full name, where he lived, and that he died in 1988 (from the ss death index). my mother would like to find if she has any other family, to know her roots, but we don't know where to start. she's already 62, is it too late to start looking? how do we start our search for her family she may have (his siblings, other children, etc...)?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I will tell you this: It is NOT too late to look. Post on as many forums as you can and hope and pray. Contact the Adoption agency. My dad was working on research for our family tree, and just happened on a 4 year old post looking for my grandmother from her 58 year old birth son. He was taken from her un-willingly and placed for adoption when she was 16. She had been sent to a home for unwed mothers. They made contact and we met him for the first time last Thanksgiving. It was miracle timing, because we met him just before my grandmother was diagnosed with altzimers, and 8 months before he was killed by a drunk driver. We are so lucky to have been able to meet him and have him be home with our family, even though we lost him in such a terrible and tragic way.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 3:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2009