I just heard the weirdest rumor about myself...

I got a text from a friend of mine that I used to work with. She said "I heard that you had the baby! Congradulations!" I told her I haven't had my baby yet. She said that she'd heard that I have had her and that I stopped by our old work to show her to everyone.....
Nope. Baby is still in my stomach. I know that's not malicious or mean or anything, but I asked where she heard that and of course it was "so and so said this person told her..." and that is just the weirdest thing to me.
I guess I'm going to assume that someone else had a baby and stopped by and maybe someone just assumed that I was the one showing off the baby since everyone there knows I was due on the 6th.
Would you be as weirded out as I am? What's the most off the wall rumor you've ever heard about yourself?

ajguinn

Asked by ajguinn at 3:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i left the small town i grew up in to move to en equally small town in another state. after 10 years, I went back for a visit and ran into an old friend from high school. She was shocked to see me and looked like she was going to pass out. I asked her what was wrong, she said she thought I was DEAD!!! Apparently, some unknown idiot told a group of people who knew me in high school that the reason I'd dropped off the planet was because I'd overdosed on something, which is strange because I wasn't part of the stoner crowd and the most intoxicating thing I did in high school was spiked egg nog. She even said they had an impromptu memorial for me! I was equally shocked to learn that one of the friends that went to this "memorial" was someone who knew that I'd moved and was even keeping in touch with me. We talked all the time. My guess is this friend was the one who started it. I couldn't tell you why, though. Strange...
    Anonymous

• I went to a boarding school in Santa Fe NM when I was in 8th grade. I got homesick so I transferred to a school at home. Then I didn't like that school so I transferred back to Santa Fe. When I got back, everyone said they heard I ran away from home to L.A.! No idea where that came from.
    Then the next year, I started 9th grade a week late. All my friends said they heard I got my ass kicked by this girl I used to go to school with in my hometown. Turns out she started attending the same boarding school and when my friends asked if she knew me, she told them she beat me up. Little did she know I was going to that school too. Then she wondered why I didn't like her after that. Maybe because everyone thought she beat me up which wasn't true. Haven't heard anything weird since then.
    Anonymous

• Somehow or another a rumor spawned at work that I was going to leave my husband and my children for this woman that worked there as well. I am not sure how it happened. I didn't even know about it until months after this other person quit. Uh Huh. She was a lesbian, and she make it very apparent that she had feelings for me, but I am still not sure how that whole thing even happened.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• that i was having an affair with a 17 yr old and had him move in with me...i got a call from low housing saying i cant have any adults live there and need to add minor children to my lease...im like what? its just me and my kids living here and im not seein any one....found out it was a friend of a friend who ran into at wal mart when i took my friend's brother to get stuff and they called housing and reported me..i ended up losing my assistance cause of that rumor
    Anonymous

• "i ended up losing my assistance cause of that rumor."

Whoa; did you appeal? Some people don't realize you can appeal those things.
    happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 3:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• When I was in 11th grade everyone was saying that my BF and I got caught having sex behind building 2 ( the school campus has 9 buildings) SO not true. The only people who ever tried that crap were the freshmen who thought they wouldn't get caught. Turns out it was a freshman and people didn't know who it was so just assumed it was me.... don't know why me, but it was highschool.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 3:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2009