Am I doing something wrong, how come it's taking so long?

My husband and I have been trying for a baby for 2 years now and nothing! I went to the doctor and I'm very healthy...just not as regular on my cycle but close to normal. I received medication twice and still...nothing! My husband has been to the doctor and he is healthy too! Am I doing something wrong, how come it's taking so long?

GodMamma_Lisa3

Asked by GodMamma_Lisa3 at 3:34 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• It took my mom and dad 10 years to conceive my brother, and another two after that to conceive me. I don't know much about it, but have you been charting your BBT to find out your most fertile days?
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 3:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• here are some helpful tips I've recieved...try charting your cycles, checking your BBT, there are all sorts of fertility calandars online like at babyzone.com, that can tell your your most fertile time to try.............................and some other things are: try exercising, eating healthier, taking prenatal vitamins and folic acid,and I personally use prayer alot...it helps to get it off your chest every now and again. The hardest thing to do is not to stress about it or worry..I know, I too am there, have been trying for over four years now, and still nothing-yet! BUT BE HOPEFUL! above all and through it all be hopeful!
    Anonymous

• There are also fertility predictors you can buy that are on the same aisle as the pregnancy tests in most stores. I have never used one, but I imagine this could be a helpful tool. Perhaps ask your Dr. about them.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 6:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• give it time i was on the same boat i tried for about 3 and a half years!!then it just happened now i'm 22 weeks!!!

Anonymous

• See I sometimes stay very normal on my cycle and then my next cycle I'm very light almost as if it's not even cycling!!!! And will last only1 day and come back 3 days later. I've been to two docs and they're telling me nothing really just "take these pills" And to be honost, I'm tired of paying 200 bucks for doctor visits that don't get me anywhere:(
    GodMamma_Lisa3

Answer by GodMamma_Lisa3 at 12:01 AM on Jul. 15, 2009

• Are you in any kind of situation that could be considered high-stress? Stress, even stress over not conceiving, can make you irregular. I had the same kind of issues with my cycle during my training in the Navy, except at the time I was most definitely Not TTC. I would personally do things:
    1. Start (if you aren't already) eating a very healthy and balanced diet, and get regular exercise (which will also help you get more in the mood to TTC ;)
    2. Start charting your cycle and BBT. Even if your cycle is not "regular" by the book, it may be more or less regular for you.
    3. Try the fertility prediction test.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/007062.htm

http://www.vitrodiagnostic.com/Fertility-test-kits.html

http://www.amyp.org/74.html

Good luck figuring out something that works!
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 1:00 AM on Jul. 15, 2009