my two yr.old loved baths-now she hates them...is it okay to MAKE her bath very quickly even if she cries, screams and prtests...will it emotionally hurt her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• **she must bathe to be healthy** That's what it was supposed to say... :)
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 3:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• my dd went through the same thing @ that age, i put her in the tub and bathed her anyway b/c i didn't want her to be dirty....she got over it pretty quick and now she hates to get out of the tub lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I would personally do sponge baths for a while and not push the issue. Or try showers where you are in there with her. Put a little water in the tub and let her splash around and play in it even from the side and coax her in slowly after a few days etc. try something like that til she seems ready again.
    Anonymous

• My son did this at her age. Even though she protests, try to make bath time fun. If you can, buy her a new toy that is only for bathtime...a toy she can take in the tub. Also, as soon as she starts to protest bathtime, explain calmly to her that big girls take baths...say something like "Mommy is a big girl, and I like to stay nice and clean." or "You look so pretty and smell so good once you've had a bath". If all else fails, then yes, put her in the tub anyway. She has to know that the house rules (especially those pertaining to hygene) are not up for debate. Tell her you love her, but that she must bath to be healthy. You aren't going to damage her emotionally if you are firm but loving.
    brandyj

Answer by brandyj at 3:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I've read to do a sponge bath IF a bath is needed - most kids don't need to be actually washed every day. Try to do it in the empty tub so she still associates the bath with the tub. Plus seeing those toys sitting there with no water to splash in can help end the "NO WATER!" fit.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 3:42 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• kaycee i'm sorry but my child needs a bath every day, she's pretty active and gets dirty and even on days we don't go outside or even leave the house, she still gets a bath
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2009