Road trip with a 1 yr old

Hi other mommys! My husband and i will be leaving for idaho on thursday for a family funeral. we'll be taking our nearly 1 yr old daughter so this will be our 1st road trip. It's an approximately 12 hour drive (without kids!) so i need some ideas on how to keep our daughter entertained so she doesn't end up screaming the whole time. she just started walking so now that she's mobile, keeping her still for long periods may be a challenge. Any ideas or advice would be very appreciated!

brynleesmama

Asked by brynleesmama at 3:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Travel

• You may be surprised. Do you have a portable DVD player? Does she sit well for movies? What about some kids music on the radio. The music may drive you and your hubby crazy though. Good Luck!!

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If you and your hubby are up for it I would suggest driving at night. It works well for us dh comes home and goes to bed I pack the van make a late dinner dh wakes up eats and we leave. Dh drives I sleep when he gets sleepy he wakes me up and we switch.. We tend to get 12-14hrs in before everyone needs out so we find a park and have a picnic breakfast

This works well for us we are also headed to idaho on thurs but we only have a 5 hour drive os we are driving during the day

Good luck
    mtnaspen

Answer by mtnaspen at 1:13 AM on Jul. 15, 2009