i cant stand my mom anymore

i know this sounds crazy, but really...i just dont think i can stand my mom anymore. she is one of the hardest people i have ever met to live with, get along with, or just to generally talk to. shes controlling, and i swear has OCD as far as cleaning is concerned. she constantly makes sideways comments about my relationship with my SO or the way i raise my son. to hear her tell every one else im great and smart and am a wonderful mother, then she comes around and bashes me and the way i live. im young granted, but the way she talks to me makes me want to pull out my hair. i just cant do it anymore. I was going to move away from here before like miles and miles and i didnt because i wanted her to be near her grandson, but now instead of moving to a different city im moving to a diff. state! im through. i think today just iced my cake. and she has the nerve to ask what shes done to make me feel like i dont want to be around her

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:37 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Did you tell her what she does? maybe you just need to limit contact a bit-
    as far as living in a different state, that's no guarantee. I live about 2000 miles away from my mom and I just got mad at my mom via yahoo IM!
    :P
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 4:32 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• (contd) Even her friends realize how hard she is to be with. She doesn’t talk she yells. And her approach to everything is all wrong. And she expects you to just take what she says and get over it, like what she says doesn’t cause hurt…I feel like screaming at her. She may be over what she says but im not!!! Ive had it. Ive dealt with her for years and im giving up. I don’t have the strength or the patience to do it anymore, its just not healthy!
    AAHHHHH thanks, just needed to vent!!!
    Anonymous

• I get along much better with my adult kids now that they moved away. Your decision is a good one

Answer by admckenzie at 3:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My mother is a nightmare to get along with. I'm doing the same thing. Sometimes, you just need a couple states between you.
    Anonymous