Do you use condoms with your Husband?

I feel like condoms are for single people, Or that my husband would want to use them for a shady reason, Like bringing home disease or something. LOL. I trust him but when we talk about birth control it really erks me when he brings up condoms( he also suggets BC or the shot). Am I being weird or irrational? I dont want to use the pill, Because I dont want to gain the weight, and I smoke so I know that lessens the % that it works. I think the shot is unhealthy. And I dont want to have more children at the moment. Im just really put off at the suggestion of using condoms with my Husband, Should I get over myself and try them?

cainesmama

Asked by cainesmama at 3:43 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• I'm not allowed to take birth control due to my extremely high blood pressure, but even before that I wouldn't touch BC. I don't believe in altering your body to make it think its pregnant when it really isn't...it just freaks me out. IUD's or anything inserted freaks the hell out of me too. We'd love to be condom free (sounds like an anti-drug commerical, LOL) but our insurance won't cover a vasectomy and we don't have the money for it ATM and I'm not allowed to get pregnant (due to the complications I have) so we use condoms. I hate them, but what are ya going to do?
    chairhead28

Answer by chairhead28 at 6:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I am sure he is just thinking of a method of birth control. You won' t take the pill, you won't get the shot, he is just exploring another option. My husband and I did use condoms for a while. When we were actively trying to prevent pregnancy. Now that we are just letting things happen, we don't.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 3:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• we use condoms too... i can't take birth control b/c it makes me really sick & he actually likes them b/c he can "last longer"
    Anonymous

• if your that worried try the IUD...

but i have never used condoms with any partner.. so i wouldnt know...
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• We used condoms for about a month and a half when I went off the pill. I wanted to make sure the pill was all out of my system before I got pregnant, so we used condoms then. I don't really like condoms and since we are married, I'm not going to use them as a normal method of birth control. After we have our baby I'm planning on using Mirena.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I don't use condoms either. I don't use bc either. We are bad, we have been doing the pull out and pray method for most of the years we have been together. I think we used condoms twice when we first had sex and then stopped, which was stupid on our part b/c we didn't know each other so well. But 6.5 years later we have one son and it's all good.
    mommylovesu28

Answer by mommylovesu28 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I understand where you are coming from. Condoms do sound a little more temporary. If you definitely don't want to have any more children then you could get your tubes tied. It takes away a lot of the stress of an "oops".

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I have been married 20 years..If my DH said he wanted to use condoms..I would know he was up to know good.. About other former of birth control..You need to just try them..Not all women have the same side effect. I took the Pill for years,,and never gained weight.

Answer by louise2 at 3:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• we use condoms religiously lol. we dont want another baby right now and we are trying to prevent it. im on the pill and condoms are used always! lol :)
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• only thing we use condoms for is anal sex and thats because its easier to go in..sorry tmi..but nope...he either pulls out..or i use the contraceptive foam!!! i go through spells of being allergic to latex anyway!
    Anonymous