Would you leave your toddler with dad for a week?

I have to fly to my hometown in September for a wedding, I'll be gone for a week. I was planning to take my three year old with me, but we're pretty low on cash and flights are about $350 each. I'm thinking about leaving her with my husband, that way she doesn't miss any of her developmental preschool and she'll already be in daycare because I work during the school year, so he can drop her off before work, bus will take her to and from preschool and then he can pick her up. I'll end up saving at least $350.. I've never been away from her for more than three days though.. it's not like my husband isn't responsible though. So what would you do? Take her or leave her?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• I would leave my child with his dad. My husband is a tremendous father and I know he would better than fine alone with our toddler. If you leave your daughter you will miss her like crazy but it will be a good opportunity to get some "me" time and relax and get reenergized so you can come back rested recharged and ready to chase your toddler around even faster. There are a lot of other costs you will save on as well but no matter how much you save or spend i think most of us agree there is nothing wrong with leaving your child with a resposible adult to have some grown up time adn who better than her own father?
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 3:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• A lot of airlines let kids under a certain age fly free, maybe look into that?
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• i love & trust my dh but i wouldn't leave my dd with him for one day.. when i have this baby, my dd is staying with my mom & dad until i get out of the hospital
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I would probably leave her- although I am sure it would be really hard. It sounds like that would be best in this situation.
    Anonymous

• You said he's responsible so I say if you can, leave her with him. It's not like you're dropping her off with a babysitter for a week, this is her dad. It'll give them a chance to bond!
    Anonymous

• If it were me I would leave her with dad. That way she is not missing any of her school, and she will be in a familiar place, and not someplace 'strange' and out of her normal routine. Plus she will get to have time with dad - to bond and maybe do 'fun' things.
    Enjoy your trip!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My choice would be skip the wedding. My husband wouldn't leave ours for a week with me and I wouldn't leave them, either. It's not that I don't trust my husband, it jus isn't my preference.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 4:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Leave her with her dad. try to stop worrying so much. He is capable of taking care of her. Let him be a daddy and spend some quality time bonding with her.
    Anonymous

• I would leave her. It'd be hard for me to do it.... but at the same time, it'd be great bonding time for dad and daughter!
    pinkgemini85

Answer by pinkgemini85 at 4:38 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• In YOUR shoes, yes. In my shoes, ONLY if a court made me, and even then....I'd do everything to make that NOT happen.
    ProudSingleMum

Answer by ProudSingleMum at 5:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2009