I feel so alone, nowhere to turn

I have no where else to go but here. I want to change things but cant. I moved to another state with my husband 2 years ago. He has many family members here and I have none. We have children. I want to get away from my husband. I got extremely sick a year ago and have been in the hospital twice. Between that I have been on antibiotics the entire time even now. I have lost my life. I am sick with a staph infection that wont go away. He blames me for it. I have gained weight from being on all the med's and from my immune system being compromised. I have no one here to turn to. My family back home is seperated and I only have 1 brother. He is homeless after being a drug addict since his young years. My Mom is not in a position to help me. My Dad is not around. I dont know what to do. I want to change my life. I am tired of being sick all the time. I have had this infection going on 4 years.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• It sounds like a terrible time. Is getting away from your husband something that you need to do right now? If so, it seems a womens shelter may be the way to go. Otherwise, because of your health issues, it may be worth your while to stick it out a little longer, save some money for you and your kids and come up with a plan. Do you want to go back to your home State? Despite having no family there anymore maybe just the familiarity will help you out. I'm so sorry for you Sweetie and I wish you only the best. God Bless.
    lovemykids847

Answer by lovemykids847 at 3:52 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I am so sorry you are feeling so frustrated and helpless. Being dependent is HARD! Are your children grown? While now might not be the best time to launch out on your own, you can try planning. I know it can seem impossible at times, but a long time ago someone told me this.When it seems that there is no way to get "there" think yourself "there" and work your way back. Back yourself into a plan. I would think your biggest concern needs to be getting healthy, at least for your children! Learn EVERYTHING you can about staph infections. There's always online organizations or support groups. Not sure if you are religious at all but joining a church would be a great way to meet new people, make friends, and feel the sense of belonging and support you need. Don't know your situation, not judging in any way, but it's probably also a big strain on your husband being your only support.

sunshinesmon

Answer by sunshinesmon at 4:17 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Try reposting with a different title "moms with staph infections" You might be suprised that you are not alone and might learn some new stuff about it. You might also get recommendations for a new dr. I don't know anything about this but 4 yrs is a long time. Your kids deserve the best you that you can manage. Hang in there, you've made it through 4 yrs, that definitely qualifies you as a fighter!
    sunshinesmon

Answer by sunshinesmon at 4:21 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Do you still have your tonsils? I had a problem like that from the ages of 25-31. I went to a ENT doctor and he wondered why I waited so long. I was told that you can't take adult's tonsils out. He said he sees at least 1 adult every week that needs them out. I had mine out and I don't remember one throat infection since then!
    I was in full or partial bed rest for over a year, and I do acupuncture. Was great for my immune system.
    As far as feeling alone, have you considered the society for creative anachronism? It's a group that re-creates the middle ages. Even if it doesn't sound like your thing, it's a GREAT place to meet people from all walks of life.
    For the hubby- I've been there! My husband acted like a baby about things too. Men seem to get like that, they don't know what to do, so they start acting out like babies.
    what about a church? if you aren't religious, maybe a Unitarian church for fellowship- good luck!
    LadyAronna

Answer by LadyAronna at 4:25 PM on Jul. 14, 2009