Where is the best place to keep medicine

I live in a small house. so where is the best place to keep medicine? The kitchen bathroom or the master bedroom

BOOGIETHEBOOG

Asked by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 3:55 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• mine is in the kitchen in a high cabinet that my dd can't reach
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• No.t the bathroom

Answer by louise2 at 3:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• In a locked cabinet wherever you can put a lock. If in the kitchen then not over the stove or any place that would get warm, for example near the refrigerator might also get warm. For convenience, the master bath. But when you have young children, the cabinet or drawer should be locked.

Answer by Bmat at 3:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• My dd learned how to open childproof caps when she was 3 so our medicine is in a lock box in our closet on a high shelf.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 3:57 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• thak you all
    BOOGIETHEBOOG

Answer by BOOGIETHEBOOG at 3:58 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• wherever it is least accesible to your child. You can put locks on bathroom cabinets if that is more convienent just remember to always lock it back up. Even with teens you want to keep it locked up now a days
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 4:00 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• mine's in a skinny cupboard in the kitchen.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 4:49 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I agree - in a locked box in whatever room you choose.

If you pick a bathroom, make sure it doesn't get too hot or steamy. Both of those are bad for medicines.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• There are things made specifically for medication that you can lock. I think I saw them in the magazine One Step Ahead. It's worth looking into.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I keep ours on top of the microwave which is on a shelf over the dishwasher. Only the bigger kids can reach it with a stool (or jumping onto the dishwasher). If it's left any lower they get into it. I used to keep most of it in the drawer of my dresser when the kids were little.
    It always cracks me up that the people that find child proof caps the easiest to open are children, lol.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 6:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2009