1 year pics after 1 year?

I never got my daughters 1 year pics taken and I feel horrible about it =( She turned 1 at the end of April but has been sick since then. She was constantly at the doc, ENT, or ER for severe ear infections. So, it was never on the top of my list to get them done. She just got tubes and is doing great now. I made an apt for August 2nd, but I am feeling guilty that they weren't taken already. Do you think it's ok to consider them her 1 year pics even though she'll be 15 months?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes indeed. As soon as you can, but they will be close to her first year. I'm sorry to hear she's been unwell. My son had frequent ear infections.

Answer by Bmat at 4:01 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Thanks!!

Yeah, ear infections are no fun. She got to the point where 2 days after being off the meds, she had them again. So they eventually put her on Augmentin for 3 weeks leading up to her surgery. Even when they tubes went in, her doc said she had a slight one.
    Anonymous

• Any picture is a good picture. Maybe I'm weird, but I've never seen professional pictures as being quite as precious as the ones you take at home, with them in action. The lighting may not be perfect, and maybe your floor needs vacuumed, but they always seem to be the best. I wouldn't feel bad that you didn't get them done by a year. The poor thing wasn't well, and you had that to concentrate on!
    kittyhasclaws

Answer by kittyhasclaws at 4:06 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• No need to even get one year pics. Just get cute pics done. Who cares how old. I have ones from whenever the photographer cames to the day care which is 2x a year. And tooooooooooons of ones I take myself. I did take some good professional ones at Christmas so I'd have a family picture. They looked great! I'm thinking about taking my daughter in again just for the fun it of. And that's all I care about is having fun and good looking pics :)

PS Hope you're kids doing better! Mine got tubes at the end of May and so far so good.
    Anonymous

• I got my dd's 1 yr pics done when she was 14 mos old. I also felt the same way but..... it's close to a year and in years from now, a couple months won't matter! I figure anyways.... I'm sorry to hear she wasn't feeling well!
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 5:31 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I think that totally fine!! you were caring for HER and taking care of her needs -not worried about getting show pictures taken! thats just another sign you are doing a GREAT Job.. don't feel guilty about this - we feel guilty about enough on a daily basis with our Little ones! its totally fine!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Definitely ok! I wanted to get my son's pics done at 3/6/9/12 months, but I ended up not getting his 9 month ones done b/c he had strep throat. I decided just to wait b/c I figured 3/6/12 was good enough :) But you will def. want some of her for 1 year! If you want it to be a "milestone" type age you can wait until 18 months, but I don't think it will matter.
    kikikiki

Answer by kikikiki at 6:28 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Thanks ladies, you have definitely made me feel better!!! My daughter is doing a lot better since the tubes. Granted its only been a week and a half, but still! Poor thing couldn't go more than 2 days off meds without getting one - so this is really a good sign =)
    Anonymous