How does frozen dough thaw quickly?

Hey ya'll. I'm trying to make stromboli for dinner tonight and I have never used frozen dough, but since I don't have access to a bread machine anymore I decided to try it out. The problem: It's 3 now and I want it ready for 5, 530 at the latest. At the moment, it's sitting in an oven with a pot of hot water? It should take atleast 2 hrs in there, according to the instructions. Can I speed the process along at all? I need it to thaw and rise and I think dinner is going to be at 10 when I get home if I don't get it done before my meeting. Help!! Thank you!!

sweetphoenix529

Asked by sweetphoenix529 at 4:11 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Run it under COLD water while it is still in the package, it should defrost in about 20 minutes. NEVER use warm or hot water to defrost anything, the warm or hot water will cause bacteria to grow on the food as it defrosts.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 7:10 PM on Jul. 14, 2009