Is this really possible?

I have pcos, and my periods are not regular, in fact I usually have to take provera to even have a period. Is it still possible to get pregnant without having a period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:27 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• only if you ovulate.... talk to your dr.. there are some great medications to help you ovulate and conceive
    VictinaG

Answer by VictinaG at 4:29 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• yes its possible. But with PCOS(I have it also) You usually dont ovulate. There is a great group on here for people with PCOS..
    http://www.cafemom.com/group/70775
    nsrush83

Answer by nsrush83 at 4:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• my doc prescribed me METAFORMIN< and it worked...i too have PCOS< and would go four or five months at a time without having a period. I had to take it for three months, and it does have some not so pleasant side effects, like I had diareah (I know TMI) the whole time I took it, I lost 30 lbs while on it...but I was exercising and eating healthier and taking a pre-natal vitamin......but now my period are on track, so me and my husband are still trying to get pregnant.!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope this helps!
    Anonymous