Does this get anyone else upset?

I was reading through a list of questions, and a woman asked if this is abuse? She then explained her husband took away her cigarettes and then they got into a verbal fight over it. I wished i could answer it but the question was closed. How could anyone be that stupid. I've been in 3 very abusive relationships, and the fact that a woman would think she was being abused because someone took her cigarettes just pisses me off. I kinda wish someone would beat her so she'd know what real abuse is like. Dont people have any sense? Shes sitting there feeling all sorry for herself, acting like shes a victim, people like that make me sick.

holly082290

Asked by holly082290 at 4:30 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't wish for anyone to get their ass beat... and depending on her situation ( I didn't see the original post) it could be considered emotional abuse if it's done as a way of controlling someone. I'm not for sure on this one... I wouldn't want my husband coming home and taking anything away from me... it would probably lead to a pretty hairy fight I'm thinking.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 4:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• So "real" abuse is only the kind that leave bruises? I don't think so. Her husband is mentally abusing her, playing games with her and doing his best to degrade her.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 4:36 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• That question didn't upset me as much as the one where the woman asked the same thing. "is this child abuse?" because she is 21 years old, married living in her mom's house and she's mad because her mom didn't want her to have another baby and she said if she told her mom she was pregnant again, her mom would refuse to drive her to the doctor. So she was wondering if that was child abuse. 21 years old!!
    Anonymous

• I agree anon 4:38 that one was a little duh.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 4:40 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• If you would have read the rest of the answers from that question, the OP stated later on that yes she has been physically assaulted by her husband.

AND if you would have read the question thoroughly, the actions that he was taking even without hitting her were in fact abuse. Abuse does not have to be only physical.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:41 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I have been in an abusive relationship and I know many other women that have as well.... and most would say that the mental aspect of abuse is often harder to get over than the physical. I think it's just nasty to wish any abuse on anyone! period especially after saying that you yourself have been through it.... disturbing.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 4:46 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Mizsaxton -

http://www.cafemom.com/answers/247707/is_this_abuse

There is the post that they are talking about.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 4:47 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• " I kinda wish someone would beat her so she'd know what real abuse is like. "

What a horrible thing to say.

Shameful.
    Anonymous

• it sounds so to me like your more upset about what happened to you than by the actual question. Perhaps you should take steps to come to terms to what happened to you and move forward. I too was abused both physically emotionally and verbally and I know all three kinds hurt and if you have known those very painful hurts you would never wish them on your worst enemy. Why don't you take teh time to address the old hurts that continue to hurt you and find a place where there is healing?
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 4:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I looked at the post... thank you carolyn... you can't really mistake that for anything but abuse!
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 4:56 PM on Jul. 14, 2009