Vaccinations

One ladies' answer to a question was that she only takes her children to places where vaccinations are required...really? How is this possible? How is the store any different than a school where kids don't have vaccines...just struck me as odd to worry that much!

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 4:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Lol. I got a good laugh from seeing this under just for Fun! But to answer your question, well to asdk another one: how on earth does anyone know of the places that only allow vaccinated kids?? Talk about no socialization!! Only home and maybe daycare (if you check).
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 4:53 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• There isn't such place besides maybe school that all kids are vaccinated. How would she know?
    Anonymous

• The reality is that even in places where vaccinations are "required" the ruling may not be enforced. That's the case in many of the public schools near where I live... especially with all the illegals crossing the border from Mexico and attending school here in the U.S. None of them are required to be vaccinated per Mexican laws and most of the schools have done an impressive job of ignoring the problem and pretending not to know that 1) these children aren't even U.S. citizens, and 2) that most of these illegal children have not been vaccinated. Anyone who believes they can avoid coming into contact with someone who's not vaccinated is just plain naive.
    Anonymous

• and at that... not all kids in school are vaccinated as it's not required to be to attend public school.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 4:59 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I just won't knowingly have my children around kids that aren't vaccinated, and if I can't screen the kids myself, I won't do it. I only take my kids to places where it is required to have vaccs.

That is the exact answer she gave. I hope she reads this and will elaborate on how she does this, but I have never even dreamed of it.

ria7

Answer by ria7 at 5:04 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I think she is being silly. BUT, every time there is another question about vaccinations (and there have been dozens lately ) I get really annoyed. I wish the subject would just go away. It just starts fights.
    Anonymous

• In IL it is you are required to show legal documentation of all vacs in most places. If your child is not, they can not attend daycare, or school. I dont really care if you vac your children or not, but my dd will stay up to date on her shots. Im sorry but but most people even keep their dogs up to date on shots that are reccommended. Why wouldnt you with your child?
    mkrmomma1

Answer by mkrmomma1 at 5:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• I am pretty sure that you can sign a waiver, even in IL. So even though they say it is required, there are still legal ways to get out of it. Just saying, unless it is a private school or business, they don't refuse kids who aren't vaccinated. The parents just have to sign papers!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 6:45 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Autism. I work with autistic children and there is a direct link between the two. It's been through the courts and admitted already.

Will it happen to every child that gets one? Absolutely not. If someone has an autistic child in the family that risk is huge, but if they don't.....it's unlikely to develop due to the shots.

I do have a very very close autistic family member, so my son will get very few, if any, and only the vital ones. I spend almost every day of my life around autistic kids, and I know what that diagnosis would mean for him.

Honestly, I don't care if some mother doesn't want her child around mine. She can do what she feels is best for her child, and I will do the same.
    MandiDueAug09

Answer by MandiDueAug09 at 6:48 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Actaully, you cant just sign a waicer here. In public schools you must be vac. Heck you even have to be seen reguarly at the dentist.
    mkrmomma1

Answer by mkrmomma1 at 5:55 PM on Jul. 15, 2009