My 9 month old may need a helmet for flat-head, is 9 months old too late for it to heal?

I've been telling docs since he was 2 months old he had flat head! Finally at his 9 month check up, all agreed it is very very flat. He's perfectly symmetrical up front, which is fabulous, but I feel terrible when his head's wet--you can really tell it's flat like a book!! Wondering if anyone has experience with super-flat head and a helmet at almost 10 months old and if it worked. Thanks!

tonilab

Asked by tonilab at 5:09 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Nope never experienced a baby with a flat head. I NEVER left my child on his/her back for long periods at a time.
    Anonymous

• if it was flat since 2 months I seriously doubt she was just leaving her child on his/her back the whole time - Sorry for your LO if that was the case but I doubt it - anyway- I have not but what did your doctor say about the healing affectiveness?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 5:50 PM on Jul. 14, 2009