HELP does anyone know why my stomach is acting like this? (not pregnant)

i woke up today and my stomach hurt right off the bat. it was like a sharp pain in my abdomen. I thoughth it was period cramps but it's not-- not even close. it felt like someone took something sharp and shoved it in my abs.

it got progressively worse, so i took a laxative (not extra-duty or anything) to see if it was maybe just because I had to, well, poop. not only did i not poop (sorry t.m.i.) but it didn't help. Well, it did a little for maybe 5 minutes, but then just got bad again.

Does anyone know what this could possibly be? THANK YOU everyone who answers =]

Emma1017

Asked by Emma1017 at 5:12 PM on Jul. 14, 2009 in Health

• Sounds kinda like a flu... but did it go away soon after?
    Anonymous

• You should see a doctor, it could be appendicitis, which can get VERY serious VERY fast. Or it might be nothing. Doctor knows best.
    fizzy

Answer by fizzy at 7:44 PM on Jul. 14, 2009

• Yeah sounds just like when my cousin came down with appendicitis. If you have a fever you should go to ER and if not maybe you have gas? I though I had appendicitis and when I got my xray at ER they told me to get a good book, take a laxative and gas-x and sit on the toilet until I felt better, LOL. I could see my poop in the x-ray and I was SOO embarrassed!
    YoungTwinMommy

Answer by YoungTwinMommy at 9:02 PM on Jul. 14, 2009